cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Login & Join the DevCentral Connects Group to watch the Recorded LiveStream (May 12) on Basic iControl Security - show notes included.

ASM Guided configuration is missing

hrdina28
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hello guys,

please I am having weird issue, I cant see Guided configuration at all. I am running 15.1 version with lab license for LTM and ASM. Dont you know, what might be an issue?

Thank you

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Erik_Novak
F5 Employee
F5 Employee

Guided Configuration requires the Advanced WAF (AWF) license.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Samir
Nacreous
Nacreous

We believe you need to upgrade Guided Configuration as well to new version. Please check the below points.

You can upgrade use case packs to get the latest guided configurations.

1. On the Main tab, click Access > Guided Configuration or Security > Guided Configuration.
  2. On the top right of the page, click Upgrade Guided Configuration.
  3. Click Choose File and select the Use Case pack to upgrade.
  4. Click Upload and Install.
# ls -al /var/config/rest/iapps/ total 12 drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root 4096 Jan 21 08:53 . drwxr-xr-x. 13 root root 4096 Jan 19 12:34 .. drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Jan 19 09:22 RPMS

After that

From CLI try issuing the following command then attempt to access guided config again:

• bigstart restart restjavad restnoded

hrdina28
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hello Samir,

thank you for the reply. Well I cant, because i fail on first step, Guided configuration is not in menu at all. I played a little bit with Strongbox licenses and it seems that Guided config appeared with LAB-VE license. When I used ASM or WAF or LTM+WAF, then nothing. I think my problem is related to the license. Is that possible?

Thank you

Best regards

Samir
Nacreous
Nacreous

Not sure about LAB-VE License feature did you restart the demon service `restjavad restnoded`.

Lets see if issue solved?

hrdina28
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

I did, nothing 😕 . Only license change helped.

Erik_Novak
F5 Employee
F5 Employee

Guided Configuration requires the Advanced WAF (AWF) license.