Forum Discussion

Jim_Couch_16225
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 26, 2019

AppDynamics REST API troubleshooting with external service account

We are using AppDynamics for some APM monitoring and now they want to use an extension that utilizes REST API to query for statistics. From an authentication standpoint we use Cisco ISE, so I created a service account and gave it admin permissions. I used the username password to log into the gui and have full access. Part of the procedure to implement this AppDynamics extension is to run https:///mgmt/tm/ltm/pool/stats and you should get pool information. If I use that and log in with the local admin account it works, but if I use the ISE service account it doesn't. Has anyone used this or something similar using an external TACACS account? I saw that I could use tokens or some other methods possibly but I would prefer to do what I am, and it feels like I am close.

4 Replies

• I should mention, this is the error I get when using my service account (or at least part of the error) ""code":401,"message":"Authorization failed: user= "

• I can see that you are mixing upper and lower case letters in the username. The WebUI is more forgiving than the shell when it comes down to this in certain TMOS versions, mayhaps the same applies to the REST interface? Try re-creating your users with only lowercase and see how that goes?

/Patrik

• I am testing on 12.1.1 but realistically I have a variety of OS across several LBs eventually.

Jim