Forum Discussion

Mohandoss_27648
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 15, 2016
Solved

APM Manage Session

I want to monitor active session count, status, session ID, Bytes In and Bytes Out of APM Session through CLI command. Can anyone tell me the command

• Current user counts:

tmsh show apm license

the "result" code of all sessions (it's basically "status"), bytes, sessionID:

[root@current-2:Active:Standalone] config  **sessiondump --allkeys | grep -E 'session.policy.result |bytes'**
    3fc31319.session.policy.result 5 allow
    3fc31319.session.stats.bytes.in 4 8193
    3fc31319.session.stats.bytes.out 4 3003

Don't run this command often in production, it's expensive.

3 Replies

Lucas_Thompson_
    Historic F5 Account

Current user counts:

tmsh show apm license

the "result" code of all sessions (it's basically "status"), bytes, sessionID:

[root@current-2:Active:Standalone] config  **sessiondump --allkeys | grep -E 'session.policy.result |bytes'**
    3fc31319.session.policy.result 5 allow
    3fc31319.session.stats.bytes.in 4 8193
    3fc31319.session.stats.bytes.out 4 3003

Don't run this command often in production, it's expensive.

Mohandoss_27648
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi thanks for your answer..

My exact question is how to get the individual session information like client IP, Logon Name, Access Status, Start time, Expiration time etc.. related with APM session. For your reference find the below screenshot that was i noted from F5.

In the above image you can see the session information will be available in CLI not in SNMP. Will you share any commands to get those information from F5 APM. Thanks in advance....

The-messenger
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

I use this command to get the active session count. You can grep for more. tmsh show apm access-info | grep returned