Forum Discussion

Sebastien6_8297
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 20, 2017

APM API to customize webpages via automation script.

We are actually customizing the webtop by using the GUI, however, it takes a lot of time. The dev team add more customization and request a new update every 2 months based on users feedback, and it takes a lot of time for us to do it manually on all the appliances. We would like to automate it via scripting and I was wondering if the F5 APM API was including a way to edit and push web pages advanced customization or not?

4 Replies

• I haven't done anything with automation scripts, though in theory you could set up a process to copy the files to the device(s). I haven't seen any APIs that would work for this process.

I've found the customization files at

/var/sam/www/php_include/webtop/renderer/customization
    (verified on v11.5.3). From there, you could drill down on the specific file(s) you want to edit. For example, the customized logout page for a specific profile could be located at
    /var/sam/www/php_include/webtop/renderer/customization/logout/Common/MY_POLICY_NAME_logout/en/logout.inc

I know this doesn't solve your issue completely, but perhaps it could be a starting point.

• Hi,

Thanks Michael. Does anyone have a better solution? Has there been any development on this?

Regards,

Yves