Forum Discussion

Ken_Chan_95249
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 07, 2010

Add google analytics code to payload

Hi all,

I want to add the google analytics code to payload by irules and I have created the following ..

when HTTP_RESPONSE {

set clen [HTTP::header Content-Length]

HTTP::collect $clen

}

when HTTP_REQUEST_DATA {

set google_code " "

regsub -all "" [HTTP::payload] $google_code new_payload

HTTP::payload replace 0 $clen $new_payload

}

but it seems not working, does any one has any idea about that ? thank you in advance ..

3 Replies

• Hi Ken,

That's a good start. You could take the second example on the HTTP::collect wiki page (Click here and add a check to see that the response content type contains "text" (or other relevant content-types for you):

if {[HTTP::header "Content-Length"] contains "text" && \  
            [HTTP::header exists "Content-Length"] && [HTTP::header "Content-Length"] <= 1048576}{  

In HTTP_REQUEST_DATA, you could then insert the Google Javascript using:

HTTP::payload replace 0 0 $new_payload

The first digit is the offset. 0 starts the insertion at the beginning. The second digit is the length of the string to replace. 0 replaces nothing.

Aaron
  • Hi Ken,

Not sure if saw this but here is excellent article regarding adding Google analytics to an existing page.

http://devcentral.f5.com/Default.aspx?tabid=63&articleType=ArticleView&articleId=174

I hope this helps

Bhattman

• Just for people that would need that in the future, I used HTTP_RESPONSE_DATA instead of HTTP_REQUEST_DATA For the testing on the content, I used if {[HTTP::header "Content-Type"] contains "text" && [HTTP::header exists "Content-Length"] && [HTTP::header "Content-Length"] <= 1048576}{