Forum Discussion

leosilvapaiola_
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 18, 2019
Solved

AAM functionalities in Best Bundle?

Hello guys!

We have a RFP in our hands and we are thinking in a iSeries appliance with Best Bundle.

Now, there's one bullet which says:

"The server must allow the real-time optimization for: images, style sheets and JavaScript sent to the client"

What I found was this 2 articles regarding AAM's configurations:

Accelerating JavaScript and Cascading Style Sheet Files

Accelerating Images with Image Optimization

My question is: Do we have a way of configuring this features in a Best Bundle?

Understanding that AAM is not supported in any way in an iSerie appliance

Please, let me know what CAN o CAN'T be done here...

• That's correct. AAM is EOL on newer appliances such as the iSeries. Some of the features are just in LTM now, but anything that required the disk cache such as webp and jpeg optimization, or the inlining features are pretty much gone.

Do they specify what type of optimizations they need? You can remove comments from HTML and potentially CSS or javascript with html content profiles. You can also optimize delivery via compression and TCP express. Images can be cached in ramcache, but the old optimization in AAM isn't really supported anywhere else in the product.

Hope this helps!

2 Replies

• That's correct. AAM is EOL on newer appliances such as the iSeries. Some of the features are just in LTM now, but anything that required the disk cache such as webp and jpeg optimization, or the inlining features are pretty much gone.

Do they specify what type of optimizations they need? You can remove comments from HTML and potentially CSS or javascript with html content profiles. You can also optimize delivery via compression and TCP express. Images can be cached in ramcache, but the old optimization in AAM isn't really supported anywhere else in the product.

Hope this helps!

leosilvapaiola
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Thanks a lot Dave for the answer.

They actually do not specify what techniques or functionalities are looking for, however I managed to found some information in the LTM config guide, confirming your post.

So, in this case I'll take this as a "check" in the RFP checking list.

Because with all of these configurations, you can say that "optimization" is achieved.