We are pleased to announce the release of v1.0.0 of the F5 Python SDK. This is the first stable release of the SDK.
This release is not backwards compatible because support for aliased resources has been removed. This means that x = y.create(...) no longer changes both x and y. Instead, x is the created configuration object and y is a creation factory.
The release also incorporates several important bug-fixes, noted below.
The following bug-fixes are included in this release. Most importantly, the SDK now allows a minimum BIG-IP® version of `11.5.0` and has no maximum version.
* #523 Add support for ltm.data_group
* #491 allows all versions >= 11.5.0 by default
* #492 fix the sys ntp resource
* #411 calling `create` and `load` on Resources now returns a new instance of the relevant resource (a factory pattern); this fixes an aliasing bug
* #497 New API endpoints for GTM datacenters and iRules
* This release fixes multiple type-errors in the concrete subclasses.
* #533 Turns off `_check_generation` because it is buggy.
* #521 migrate clustering to support non-aliased pattern
See the changelog for the full list of changes in this release.