From the Greenroom

If you even glanced at my blog last week you probably noticed a slew of videos from VMworld 2011.  What was a simple idea a couple years ago – give people a taste of what we were up to at the various trade shows & highlight partners – has turned into a fun and exciting part of my job.  I do hope they give you a flavor of what is happening on the show floor.  While I try to schedule some interviews and topics prior to the show(s), many of the ‘on the spot’ videos truly are situations where I’m like, ‘ohhh, lets shoot that – ready?’  We do a little prep work especially for the whiteboard discussions but most of the time we just briefly chat about it and go live.  Many times we nail it but sometimes a hiccup happens, mostly mine, which is why I also post the video outtakes at the end.  I’ve always loved bloopers, even back when Dick Clark was pretending to laugh at all the flubs of 80’s TV.  We’ll be shooting again in a few weeks at Oracle OpenWorld so if you’re around, stop by and say hi.  I’ll even interview you if you like.

Over the next couple months, we’ll be posting a number of videos covering some v11 features like iApps and DNS Express along with series focusing on the many security solutions F5 offers.  I also got a few ‘In 5 Minutes’ videos in the queue  Video has certainly exploded over the last couple years and is an impactful way to communicate.  Retailers are using video more on their ecommerce sites to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions.  According to Forbes, video has graduated from a novelty to a mainstream method for execs in the C-Suite to get business information.  According to comScore, in December 2010, the average American spent more than 14 hours watching online video, a 12-percent increase from the prior year, and streamed a record 201 videos, an 8-percent increase. And according to Nielsen, on a year-to-year basis, the number of people watching mobile video increased more than 43%, while the amount of time spent doing so was up almost 7% and over 180 million (86%) of the U.S. Internet audience viewed online video during July 2011.  Viewers watch online video for an average of 18.5 hours per viewer and engaged in 6.9 billion viewing sessions..  Obviously, this trend will continue as more people turn to their mobile devices for entertainment and information.

I sometimes find it a little difficult to get into the writing groove again after a week of shooting so I’ll just end it here but thanks for watching and stay tuned for more.

ps

Related

Published Sep 09, 2011
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment