Cloud Native DevOps with Kubernetes Ebook from NGINX

“Why should I invest my time in improving my Kubernetes skills?”

“Will Kubernetes really solve any of my teams’ problems?”

These two questions are among the most-asked of authors Justin and John whenever they are discussing cloud native and Kubernetes. That is why they have crafted a narrative that explains the necessary complexityof Kubernetes, why DevOps should seriously consider the benefits of running software on rented infrastructure, how to do it professionally, and what to do when something goes wrong. No prior knowledgehas been assumed in the concepts presented in the book. To help solidify the reader’s understanding, the concepts are then applied to some simple demo applications that can be followed (using code from our Github repo) in Chapter 2.

Download for free.

Topics you will learn in this ebook:

• What Kubernetes is, where it comes from, and what it means for the future of the software you interact with and build.
  • The benefits and drawbacks of building and hosting Kubernetes clusters yourself, or using a managed service.
  • How to configure and operate Kubernetes clusters, and automating cloud infrastructure and deployments with tools like Helm.
  • Kubernetes support for security, authentication, and permissions (including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC).
  • Best practices for securing containers and Kubernetes in production.

After reading you will be able to:

• Migrate existing applications to Kubernetes and cloud.
  • Write and deploy Kubernetes applications.
  • Choose which tools to adopt, the best way to do based on the needs of your organization or use case.
  • Manage access control and permissions to ensure security and cluster health.
  • Use Kubernetes without breaking critical business infrastructure.

Developers who should read this book:

• Are responsible for servers, applications and services, and/or building new cloud native services. (Yes, we talk you through all of that!)
  • Are at any stage of their Kubernetes journey.
  • Want to be told concretely the benefits of deploying, configuring and operating Kubernetes.
  • Understand Kubernetes is not a fad; it is an industry standard and foundational to next-generation technologies such as serverless (OpenFaaS, Knative) and machine learning (Kubeflow) tools.

What you will need:

No prior knowledge is assumed.

Code examples are available in the Github repository for this ebook.

Published May 02, 2023
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment