Aug 08, 2022
Delivered

Unable to edit replies/comments on Devcentral using Safari

Want to report a bug.

Running on a MacBook 16" 2021, latest version of Safari I am unable to edit my replies/comments on Devcentral.
No error message, failed XHR or js exception.

Chrome works fine though.

Kind regards,
Patrik

Ps. Yes, I use Safari. Think like this, could've been IE6. 🙂

10 Comments

• Status changed:
    Investigating
    to
    New

Patrik_Jonsson 
    I tested under your account, on Safari (Version 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8), on a comment on this question.
    https://community.f5.com/t5/technical-forum/automate-pool-disablement/td-p/299332
    Looks like it worked ok.

I went as far as to click EDIT on a comment on BIGIP Report article and it looked like I could have saved the edit - I chose not to.

So - I can't confirm the behavior.
    I confirmed our vendor supports these browsers on Mac - no known updates indicating otherwise for any latest versions.

Mac (Version 10.11+)

• Safari
    • Chrome
    • Firefox

Can you try to login with a new Private Window (no caching?) or remove the community.f5.com cache? 
    If it still doesn't work - tell me you precise Safari version and I'll escalate.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Investigating

Changed back to Investigating. (interesting I changed it back by commenting in the wrong place)

• No worries Patrik_Jonsson - browser caches are, maybe, the bane of any web-app's (administrative) existence. Knowing about another symptom of a bad cache is good info.

Thanks.

• Status changed:
    Investigating
    to
    Delivered

Likely a simple caching issue with the browser. (while still not a root cause - calling this one delivered for now)

Cheers.

• Can't mark my answers as solved now either even though the cache is cleared. I think I'll stick to chrome from now on... 🙂