Was this article helpful?

17 Comments

• I am using this script via FTP, everything works great except the local deletion of the UCS file. I get a backlog of *.ucs files in /var/local/ucs. This does not happen every day, it seems to be random. The output of scriptd.out all appears to be normal.

• I really appreciate the share though on my initial attempt to import and deploy I receive the error "Error parsing template:can't eval proc: "script::run" field not present: "hostname" while executing "tmsh::get_field_value [lindex [tmsh::get_config sys global-settings] 0] hostname" (procedure "script::run" line 2) invoked from within "script::run" line:1." Just curious if anyone knew of a quick solution off the top of their head. Running 12.1

• Hi Mag,

I verified all settings and still failing to take the automatic backup, I responded already with screenshot of the configuration and error message which I am getting. Requesting you to help us here to fix it.

• Hi, A_Sara

1. please check letter case of msshare

2. iApp don't work after upgrade or you try use it on clean 12.1.0 install? 3. Is your share has spaces on it?

4. Do you use dns name of server or it ip address? If DNS is nslookup from cli resolve this name?

5. Check leading or tailed spaces of msshare?

6. Try to change on iApp template

mount -t cifs //\${server}\${msshare}

to

mount -t cifs \'//\${server}\${msshare}\'

p.s. You can contact with me directly by mag@comptek.ru...

• I am getting following error on our LTM 12.1.0 image, earlier we were using 11.4 with f5backups2.1 script and it was working fine.

Script (/Common/) generated this Tcl error: (script did not successfully complete: (Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) while executing "exec $scriptfile" line:17))

Need your help to fix this issue to continue with automatic backup iApp.

• Thank you for this, since F5 removed smbclient from the new TMOS versions the original iApp was broken. But now with cifs everything is working again.