UDP DNS listener doesn't resolve DNS query but TCP DNS listener can
I'm using an F5 GTM R5000 Series device
I have configured the following components:
- Configured Self-IP, ensuring no Firewall block UDP and TCP port 53.
- Created data center, Server and Virtual Server (I chose a Generic host so Server and Virtual Server are the same IP addresses), the Virtual Servers are green
- Created a Pool which contains Virtual Server
- Created Wide IP and assigned Pool into
- Created both UDP and TCP DNS listener
I used the "dig" command to test directly, here are the results:
- Use only "dig", the F5 didn't resolve the query, I checked the statistic of the UDP listener and got nothing
- Use "dig" with the +tcp option, the F5 resolved the query, and each answer had one Virtual Server as I expect
Did I miss any configuration? What did I do wrong?