Forum Discussion

riadsanchz1970
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 24, 2024

iRule help masking IBM host URL/URI

I have a customer who has a contract with IBM that is requiring that we hide the internal URL/URI paths.

When users go to the following URL/URI: 

cpd-cp4ba-uat.apps.cp4bauat1.companya.com/icn/navigator/?desktop=psecm the same host redirects them to the login URL/URI page:  cp-console-cp4ba-uat.apps.cp4bauat1.companya.com/oidc/login.jsp. HTTP 302, 301 and 200 occur are viewed when I run HTTP watch.

What the contract is requiring is that clients should use a much simpler URL: https://psecm-uat1.companya.com while masking the two lengthy paths previously displayed.

We created the vs_psecm-uat1.companya.com and the server pool, which contains the IP for host cp4bauat1.companya.com. All URLs are HTTPS, therefore, I have already created the HTTP Profile and SSL profile. 

In the past I was able to mask the destination with HTTP::header replace...etc.. In this situation it is not working with the replace. I am not sure if I should create an iRule to redirect(client side) and a rewrite for masking the HTTP Response header. ???? Help is greatly appreciated.

No RepliesBe the first to reply