Forum Discussion

RyanCn_141841
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 22, 2014

HA Active/Standby issue

Greetings all

I have recently configured 2 f5 LTM 2000S running 11.2.1 with Active/Standby HA redundancy. The issue I'm currently facing is that the nodes on Unit 1 remains online even when the unit is on standby. While on Unit 2, even when it's active - the nodes are offline. The only time the nodes on Unit 2 goes online is when i fully reboot Unit 1. I always thought that when i set Unit 1 as standby, by right the nodes should go off while on Unit 2, it comes on.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something in my config.

Any comments on this one ?

Thanks

4 Replies

• Ok , after doing some research .. I've managed to track down the issue and that was the interlink between the F5. There was no existing link earlier on which causes the traffic to drop as soon after switching over to the standby F5 unit. Thanks again iheartf5 and Torti for helping out.

• Thanks for the response

@ Iheartf5 - Yes i've already set up the non-floating self IP(s) on both of the units.

@ Torti - I agree on that but for my case , i can only reach the 2 nodes from Unit 1 but on Unit 2 , I'm unable to ping them. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Windows teaming (Active/Standby Teaming) that's currently set up on NICs of the servers that are connected directly to the f5.

• the nodes are allways online on both sides in active/standby

• Have you configured the same non-floating self-ips on both devices? That's the most obvious reason I can think of.....