Forum Discussion

vadivelan
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 21, 2024
Solved

can we map multiple LTM Policy on single VIP on big ip LTM

we have BIGIP LTM VE and trying to configure LTM policy instead of i -rule.

we can add the multiple rule on the  a policy and assigned to a VIP, its working fine. but if we configure multiple LTM Policy we can't assign more than on LTM Policy on a VIP. but if we go with irule, multiple irule can map with a VIP. is there any restriction in LTM Policy to assign multiple policy on the single vip.

• Hello vadivelan , sorry but I don't get why you are saying "if we configure multiple LTM Policy we can't assign more than on LTM Policy on a VIP".

There is no such limitation on LTM, you can add more than 1 LTM policy to a VS, you have only to take care about the order in which they will be processed to avoid any unexpected behavior.

Obviously to have only 1 LTM policy with all needed rules inside is always a better option. 

BR

2 Replies

• Hello vadivelan , sorry but I don't get why you are saying "if we configure multiple LTM Policy we can't assign more than on LTM Policy on a VIP".

There is no such limitation on LTM, you can add more than 1 LTM policy to a VS, you have only to take care about the order in which they will be processed to avoid any unexpected behavior.

Obviously to have only 1 LTM policy with all needed rules inside is always a better option. 

BR

vadivelan
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi CeinarF,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. let me try once again and update you if i face any difficulties.