Forum Discussion

Mar 29, 2018

BIG-IQ taking backups of devices

Hi!

I've been seeing an issue which I cannot figure out why this is happening. I have my BIG-IQ taking backup of a few of my memeber F5's. All but one are working as intended. They have a daily rotation of backups being taken and deleting the oldest backup to free up some space.

The errormsg i get are the following: Error Message: Saving active configuration... /config/BigDB.dat.tmp: (at /config/BigDB.dat.tmp) does not exist Errors during file attribute collection Operation aborted. /var/tmp/configsync.spec: Error creating package WARNING:There are error(s) during saving. Not everything was saved. Be very careful when using this saved file! Error creating package Error during config save. Unexpected Error: UCS saving process failed.

If i login to this F5, i see the file that its complaining about; -r--r--r--. 1 root root 248540 2018-03-29 12:56 BigDB.dat-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 2018-03-29 12:56 BigDB.dat.tmp However as shown this file is 0 bytes.

The result of this is that the backup is created locally but not send to the BIG-IQ, which in this case leads to disk getting full pretty quick.

Am I hitting a configerror here, or something else?

• Can you please reload mcpd and reboot f5 device during a maintenance window and then verify the backup status.

Note: Please take complete UCS backup before rebooting the F5

• Can you please reload mcpd and reboot f5 device during a maintenance window and then verify the backup status.