Forum Discussion

rafaelbn
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Dec 12, 2019
Solved

BIG-IP CGNAT - v15 - PBA periodic block refresh logs

Hellos Devs!

I read on v15.0.0 release notes that you could now send periodic block refresh logs.

https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/releasenotes/product/relnote-bigip-15-0-0.html

"CGNAT: Port Block Allocation periodic block refresh logs

This release includes a new logging option that logs Port Block Allocation (PBA) block periodically with a configurable refresh time"

I tryed to find this option on the GUI and CLI but I just can't find it. Even tryed on v15.1.0.

Does anybody knows where it is hidden?

Thanks, Rafael

• if you are using the CGNAT instead of AFM security you will find it under "Carrier Grade NAT ›› Policies : Source Translation"

5 Replies

• I was not finding this option because I believe it's only available on the "new method", with a policy. If you enable "Legacy LSN Pools Editor" you don't see this option on the GUI or CLI.

• Hi Rafael,

I don't know that if any new documents aside from the one already published will be available. If it can help I know you can find that setting in this document

https://techdocs.f5.com/en-us/bigip-15-0-0/big-ip-afm-getting-started/common-elements-for-network-firewall.html

• Thanks Stefano! I will check those options soon! Is there a plan to release a configuration guide for the new way of CGNATing on the GUI? I saw that the GUI is different from v13 and v14. Just trying to wrap my head around it...

• if you are using the CGNAT instead of AFM security you will find it under "Carrier Grade NAT ›› Policies : Source Translation"

• Hello Rafael,

I believe you can find the setting under the TMUI "Security → Network Address Translation (NAT) → Source Translation" on the object you have or need to create. If you select type: Dynamic-PAT and PAT mode: Port Block Allocation you should be able to see "Periodic Refresh Log :" setting, which is in minutes. If you prefer TMSH you have it under

root@(vbigip-tier2)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# create security nat source-translation srcTranslation1 pat-mode pba port-block-allocation { per?

Properties:

periodic-refresh-log  

root@(vbigip-tier2)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# create security nat source-translation srcTranslation1 pat-mode pba port-block-allocation { per

Thanks

Stefano