Forum Discussion

Bryan_Chick_152
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 16, 2006

auto-complete not working

Hi all,

I just installed iRule Editor ver 0.9.0.22 and the auto-complete is not working. Are there any known issues with this feature?

Thanks,

Bryan

BTW--I verified that the feature is turned on.

13 Replies

• Are you behind a proxy server at work? If so, odds are you'll need this fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917952/en-us

Click here

I'm still not sure how this would effect auto-complete as it's driven from the iRuler.xml config file, not the downloaded templates (which is what the update the editor is finding). Once a day the editor attempts to phone home to devcentral to look for new updated iRule templates to add to the new dialog. When you use the share feature of the editor, we can turn them around and share them with the rest of the community.

Either way, it might be worth running this update from MS if you are behind a proxy server.

-Joe
  • Hi. I was waiting for a new release, hoping it would resolve auto-complete. However I just installed 0.9.0.23, and the behavior is consistent. The links for keywords become active, but no autocomplete. I have reset the settings, and the iRuler.xml file exists as ChickB also noted.

Is there some way to debug?
  • Wow, that was fast, I just uploaded it.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to debug the editor at this point. When I've got some time I'll throw in some debugging info into the app but unfortunately the editing features are part of a 3rd party module we are using for the editing control so I'm not sure what I can include from the hosting application to determine what's going wrong with the code control.

-Joe