Forum Discussion

Abhisar
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 22, 2020
Solved

WAF - URL advance option - header based content profiles

Dear All,

We have WAF Policy with 600 + URLs with header based content profile - default action set to - apply value and content Signatures.

I want to change that default action to Form Data. So is there is fastest way to do that?

Please advise.

Thank You,

Abhisar

• personally i would look into exporting the policy, looking at the code in the xml file and see if you can do a find and replace on that. if that isnt possible a script to make the change might be an option.

4 Replies

• personally i would look into exporting the policy, looking at the code in the xml file and see if you can do a find and replace on that. if that isnt possible a script to make the change might be an option.

• Hello Abhisar,

What version of BIG-IP do you have?

Starting version 13.0.0 you can update all needed URLs in ASM policy via sending next RESTAPI request to https://mgmt_ip/mgmt/tm/asm/policies/policy_id/urls?appendnested=1:

PATCH /mgmt/tm/asm/policies/policy_id/urls?appendnested=1 HTTP/1.1

Host: mgmt_ip

Content-Type: application/json

{

"urlContentProfiles": [

{

"headerValue": "*",

"headerName": "*",

"headerOrder": "default",

"type": "form-data"

}

]

}

Pay attention that appendnested=1 QS parameter is needed in this case, because without it all other (not default) header based content profiles will be deleted.

Also, you can use additional $filter= QS parameter to filter out all needed URLs

Thanks, Ivan

• Thank you Ivan, I would love to try this.

For time beging I exported the policy and changed config and imported again.