Forum Discussion

Nov 08, 2022
Solved

Virtual server become gray status.

Hello, Please see the below. The first virtual server status is gray. Anyone can provide suggestion to troubleshoot. It used to be green status. Thank you

• Hello davidy2001 , 
                   this gray mark related to " manual disable or manual forced offline " to Pool members or Virtual address of this virtual server , I will explain the 2 scenarios : 
    Firstly : 
    > let we say that virual server is the parent , and pool members are its children and they are combined in one pool. 
    - when you manually disable pool members , their parent or Virtual server become gray. 
    - gray virtual server could not handle traffic. 

To solve this issue : 

> go to the Pool that assigned to " New-virtual-server" >>>> open members tab >>> you will find your pool members such this snap shot : 

> put the check mark beside the Black circle and click enable , after tat you should see this pool member become available and marked with Green circle. 
    > After enabling your pool member , the " New-virtual-server" will be marked with green circle as well and can handle traffic without issues. 

Secondly : 

> open ( local traffic >>> choose virtual servers list >>> click Virtual address list TAB ) , you will find it as below snap shot : 

> mark the check box beside the black circle , and click enabe , it will become available with green circle. 
    > after that you will find its relevant virtual server become available as well and can process traffic. 
    > Check the below Article which proves my explanation : 

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K65195856

Regards 
    Mohamed Kansoh

2 Replies

• Hello davidy2001 , 
                   this gray mark related to " manual disable or manual forced offline " to Pool members or Virtual address of this virtual server , I will explain the 2 scenarios : 
    Firstly : 
    > let we say that virual server is the parent , and pool members are its children and they are combined in one pool. 
    - when you manually disable pool members , their parent or Virtual server become gray. 
    - gray virtual server could not handle traffic. 

To solve this issue : 

> go to the Pool that assigned to " New-virtual-server" >>>> open members tab >>> you will find your pool members such this snap shot : 

> put the check mark beside the Black circle and click enable , after tat you should see this pool member become available and marked with Green circle. 
    > After enabling your pool member , the " New-virtual-server" will be marked with green circle as well and can handle traffic without issues. 

Secondly : 

> open ( local traffic >>> choose virtual servers list >>> click Virtual address list TAB ) , you will find it as below snap shot : 

> mark the check box beside the black circle , and click enabe , it will become available with green circle. 
    > after that you will find its relevant virtual server become available as well and can process traffic. 
    > Check the below Article which proves my explanation : 

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K65195856

Regards 
    Mohamed Kansoh

• Mohamed_Ahmed_Kansoh 

Correct, resolved. 

It was because I disabled it when I created another virtual server. BTW why I cannot see Copy or Clone button to create one virtual server by copying or clone? Thanks