Forum Discussion

Venkata_Lakshmi
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 07, 2019

Upgrade GTMs with different codes

Hi Friends

Could you please let me know how to upgrade GTMs with different codes I mean when we kept GTMs in sync group all should be in one code, due to hardware problems now I need to upgrade 3 devices to 11.6 1600 model and remaining units to 12.1.4 Then how to resolve the sync issue if it happens

3 Replies

• GTM devices in different code version is acceptable for a short period of time during the upgrade process. You should plan on upgrading all the devices to 12.x or downgrade everything to 11.x.

• Ideally you can't keep two versions in GTM one sync group. you may face delay DNS response or improper result and it will lead to outage. As suggested by @vijay either upgrade or downgrade.

Surgeon
    Ret. Employee

For GTM sync work properly all software across GTMs in SYNC group must be identical. I would recommend you to contact your account team and get 1600 boxes replaced. 1600 reached and of software development in 2017. You can not run any software that was released later. The platform will reach end of life on 01-Oct-2021

After replacing 1600 boxes you can upgrade all GTMs to one of the latest version.