If the HTTP | HTTPS monitor uses with Disable string feature ( https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K12818 ) together with an IN-TMM monitoring feature ( https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K11323537 ) and match the pattern in answer, then the member is marked Offline instead of Disabled.
1. Send simle GET string to generic server
curl -v http://serverip:80 | grep 503
2. Get server answer
HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable ....
3. Create ltm http Monitor without recv-disable string
create ltm monitor http MON-http send "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n" recv "http" recv-disable ""
2. Create Pool
3. Attach Monitor to Pool
4. Pool status apeared as Avaliability:Available State:Enabled
show ltm monitor http MON-http
5. Add recv-disable string to Monitor
modify ltm monitor http MON-http send "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n" recv "http" recv-disable "503"
6. Pool status apeared as Avaliability:Avaliable State:Disabled-by-Parrent
7. Enable in-tmm monitoring feature
modify sys db bigd.tmm value enable
8. Pool status apeared as Avaliability:Offline State:Enabled
9. Change recv-disable string to unmatched from server answer (1234)
modify ltm monitor http MON-http send "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n" recv "http" recv-disable "1234"
10. Pool status apeared as Avaliability:Available State:Enabled
This means that the function Disable String finds the matched pattern in the server response but erroneously changes the Availability instead of the State monitor paramentr. I tried restarting the bigd process, but that didn't help.
Versions where I tried 15.1.8 and 220.127.116.11
Is this a new feature behavior or a bug?
Hello @newerdog ,
> I think it maybe a Bug :
Please refer to this KB :
Also these Bugs related to IN-TMM Monitoring :
Maybe this a new Bug Let us wait for a clarification From one of F5 Experts.
But I think IN-TMM montoring is rarely deployed , Hope someone knows more about it to help you.