Forum Discussion

Gebo
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 10, 2023

Probelm in SQL DB and syncing after upgrading F5 Device

Hello everyone, i'll start by illusterating my environment.

We have in the company 2 F5 devices with version 11.4.1.

I preformed an update on one device (F5-1) to 11.5.4 with no issues or what so ever.

However when upgrading the second device (F5-2) from 11.5.1 >> 11.5.4 , status "devices not synced" appeared on the web management console.

when logging in the tmsh i keep getting error msg of : emerg logger : Re-starting logmysqld

tmsh show sys service ---> shows logmysqld have 200+ restarts. I tried to find a fix to that but didnt succeed.

I was thinking if there is a way to grab the sql DB configs running on device (F5-1)  and apply it to device (F5-2).

Im open to any further suggestions, 

3 Replies

Gebo
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hello there, 

Restarting the services didnt work.

Yes my AVR is provisioned but i cant find file "my.cnf" in /etc , even in my working f5-1 Device.

• when upgrading the second device (F5-2) from 11.5.1 >> 11.5.4 , status "devices not synced" appeared on the web management console.

This is expected, ConfigSync keeps track of changes using a commit ID which is reset when you reload the unit. 

Yes my AVR is provisioned but i cant find file "my.cnf" in /etc , even in my working f5-1 Device.

In version 11.5 it's under /var/lib/mysql/my.cnf 
        use this for reference: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K53030991

This software version is very old and out of support, you might try to raise a case to F5 but I don't know how much help support can give on EoL versions. 

Have you considered restoring previous schema 11.4.1, deleting the 11.5.4 disk partition and performing a "clean" image install on another disk partition? If you do plan on restoring it, I'd also suggest to perform a couple integrity checks before attempting to install it again, I'd most likely check for disk usage and for errors in /var/log/liveinstall.log as image is being loaded.