Forum Discussion

kalav
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 13, 2021

Migrating Sharepoint on-premise systems from Cisco ACE to BIG-IP LTM

I am migrating services from our old Cisco ACE to BIG-IP LTM, using the iApp f5.microsoft_sharepoint_2010_2013.v1.2.2.

We have several sites (hub, network, projects, search, user and workspace) for 3 environments (test, pre-production, production). The ACE isn't configured for service checking for the Sharepoint sites, no probes are configured.

So far migration has been reasonable and several services that worked on the ACE work on the LTM. All sites are built with the BIG-IP passing through SSL traffic, certificates are nt loaded onto LTM.

I'm seeing all of the "search" instances marked offline due to a failed HTTPS monitor. The monitor consists of the iApp default send string:

GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: searchtest.domain.com\r\nConnection: Close\r\n\r\n for searchtest

GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: searchpreprod.domain.com\r\nConnection: Close\r\n\r\n for searchpreprod

GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: search.domain.com\r\nConnection: Close\r\n\r\n for searchprod

The same defaults for projectstest, projectspreprod and projects work without errors.

Where do I go next to resolve the monitor errors, please?

Many thanks!

Kev

1 Reply

kalav
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

disabling strict updates on the iApp allowed me to reassign a tcp-half-open or tcp/135 monitor to the impacted virtual servers, and their pool and server status came up as available, so all appears to be working, Perhaps not fully utilizing the iApp the way it was built but it works similar to the setup on the ACE.