Forum Discussion

Chris_FP
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Nov 05, 2018

Managing DataGroups from BIG-IQ

A customer today asked me about managing DataGroups from within BIG-IQ as they want to start using it for all configuration work. However they were unable to find where DataGroups could be managed from within BIG-IQ. I've also had a look and haven't been able to find anything relating to this on the GUI or by searching for documentation.

Any clues gratefully received.

5 Replies

• I've just found out that Data-Groups are currently not supported on Big-IQ at the moment.

Customer is disappointed.

I am surprised it isn't supported as so many customers I work at use DataGroups

• Is this still the case?

F5: is there a feature request and how do we make sure this is being heard by development.

• I agree with you. Being able to upload a new list of blocked ip addresses to all F5 devices from the Big-IQ seems like a major thing and a feature that F5 needs to implement.

• I have a workaround for BIG-IQ or using Ansible. You can check it:

https://devcentral.f5.com/s/articles/Automate-Data-Group-updates-on-many-Big-IP-devices-using-Big-IQ-or-Ansible?page=1

• Same question here. We are looking for an option/solution to provided dedicated access to DataGroups via RBAC, but for this we need to have this kind of object available within BIG-IQ!!!

Are there any information available, if such an update will be available in any of the upcoming software versions?

Thank you!

Regards Stefan 🙂