Forum Discussion

Justine_313324
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Sep 11, 2017

LTM and GTM on the same box on both site then use GTM sync

Hi everyone! I would like to ask if using a single box on both GTM and LTM. My design is I have two F5 appliances with 2 modules(GTM and LTM) that will be located on each DMZ site(2 DMZ sites). I would like to use GTM for global load balancing and LTM for the local load balancing of the app/web servers. Since I have two appliances, I would like to GTM sync the two appliances.

Question: Is this possible?

Thanks!

9 Replies

eben_259100
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

No it will not. keynotes: 1. ensure capacity planning is done right per the model you have. 2. config is same as when you have GTM AND LTM on separate boxes. you need to do bigip_add for the other GTM/LTM and when you are done with configuring the first GTM you can sync its config from the second GTM. gtm_add . this cmd should be from the second unconfigured GTM.

HTH Eben.

Eslam_Sayed

Thanks a lot .. I just need to make sure if it will need to have extra license like Vcmp or no need ?

Justine_313324

Would it not introduce some errors? What are the keynotes for this?

eben
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi Justine,

Yes it is.

Regards

Eben.

eben
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

No it will not. keynotes: 1. ensure capacity planning is done right per the model you have. 2. config is same as when you have GTM AND LTM on separate boxes. you need to do bigip_add for the other GTM/LTM and when you are done with configuring the first GTM you can sync its config from the second GTM. gtm_add . this cmd should be from the second unconfigured GTM.

HTH Eben.