Forum Discussion

THE_BLUE
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Jun 06, 2023
Solved

Live Update- ASM attack signatures

I have enabled the live update from ASM signtures and i install them manully. if i go to the installation history, will list all previous installed signatures, so my question is , if i delete them from installation history it will be removed from ASM signture list ? and this will free th space?

• Hi THE_BLUE , 
    If you install the attack signatures " .im " update file , all added signatures will not be removed , as it has been installed and added under it's appropriate set , I want to say also that the newly added attack signatures applied to asm policies if you attaching it's set of signatures under specific policy ( it differs from one to another depending on the attack signature settings " it will be statging for a while ( Readness period ) or enforced directly to the ASM policy "

but if you removed it before installion it wouldn't be added because you haven't install it. 

>> For Free Space : 

I believe that Attack signature files not that large file really , it's in range 1 MB , small file size. 
    if you encounter issues with disk space, you can try these command to see what are files that consumes your space : 
    on bash : 
    #df -h 

#find <dir> -xdev -type f -exec du {} \; | sort -rn | head -20
    example : find /shared/ -xdev -type f -exec du {} \; | sort -rn | head -20
    https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K14403 >>> For more details to maintain your disk space. 

I hope this helps you 

1 Reply

• Hi THE_BLUE , 
    If you install the attack signatures " .im " update file , all added signatures will not be removed , as it has been installed and added under it's appropriate set , I want to say also that the newly added attack signatures applied to asm policies if you attaching it's set of signatures under specific policy ( it differs from one to another depending on the attack signature settings " it will be statging for a while ( Readness period ) or enforced directly to the ASM policy "

but if you removed it before installion it wouldn't be added because you haven't install it. 

>> For Free Space : 

I believe that Attack signature files not that large file really , it's in range 1 MB , small file size. 
    if you encounter issues with disk space, you can try these command to see what are files that consumes your space : 
    on bash : 
    #df -h 

#find <dir> -xdev -type f -exec du {} \; | sort -rn | head -20
    example : find /shared/ -xdev -type f -exec du {} \; | sort -rn | head -20
    https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K14403 >>> For more details to maintain your disk space. 

I hope this helps you