Forum Discussion

Faisal_Alshaghd
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 09, 2018

link controller maximum capacity

Hi All,

I have a customer who looking to load balance between internet links. links are currently 8 and can be expanded in the future to support up-to 18 links.

If I propose lc-i2600 for him, what is the maximum links can be supported? is link controller sizing depend on total bandwidth or number of load balanced links? and how many ports each appliance have? and is there expansion? and how many if there. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

• Hi Faisal,

you do not have a maximum limit regardin Link on Link controller, what you need to watch out for are:

• Max L7 requests per second: 350K
    • Max L4 connections per second: 125K
    • Max L4 HTTP requests per second: 600K
    • Maximum L4 concurrent connections: 14M

you will understand that I speak of the capacity of your equipment in this case the load ...

On more important point is troughput, lc-i2600 support Throughput (amount of network traffic traversing the BIG-IP system, including traffic processed by all Traffic Management Microkernel (TMM) and Packet Velocity ASIC (PVA) except the management interface):

10 Gbps L4/L7

Keep in mind that you have to sold your spf / spf+ separately (you have 6 interface):

• Gigabit Fiber Ports (SFP): 4 SX or LX (sold separately)

• 10 Gigabit Fiber Ports (SFP+): 2 SR/LR (sold separately); optional 10G copper direct attach

For more information check the datasheet: https://www.f5.com/pdf/products/big-ip-platforms-datasheet.pdf

To resume your sizing will depend to your traffic (troughput), you must also take into account the decryption aspect if you do.

I have already put an LC with 7 ISP at a client on 1600 memory and I had no problem (So with an i2600 I think you will not have any problem either:-), but each architecture is uniuqe and includes these specifics.

if you do not want to go wrong, contact your account manager who will help you with sizing. By taking into account all the parameters that you will have given him.

Hope it will help you, let me know if you need more details or if you have additional questions..

regards,