Forum Discussion

Ali_Khan
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 11, 2018

Insert custom Cookie on response with APM portal access resource

Hi All,

I have a situation where we need to insert a custom cookie (any name,value) for client browser to store. Need to set this cookie for a web application published using APM portal access resource.

I have tried various events in an iRule, tried HTTP_REQUEST and HTTP_RESPONSE combination and tried HTTP::header insert set-cookie as well as HTTP::cookie insert.

I also tried REWRITE_REQUEST_DONE to insert cookie on the client side.

I previously had to do the same on the server side which i did using ACCESS_ACL_ALLOWED successfully. I am wondering if this can be done now??

In LTM+APM mode this iRule and its correct variants work as expected i see the cookie being set and stored in browser but in portal access resource i only see set-cookie or cookie insert commands in logs but nothing in the browser.

Below is one version of the code i tried, please can someone help and advise? or had a previous experience with similar situation?

when HTTP_REQUEST { set isset [HTTP::cookie exists {MyCookie}]

}

when HTTP_RESPONSE { if {$isset == 0} { HTTP::cookie insert name MyCookie value One domain "mycompany.com" path "/"

foreach cookie [HTTP::cookie names] { HTTP::cookie secure $cookie enable }

} }

1 Reply

• Hi

Try this

when REWRITE_REQUEST_DONE {
    Need something to signify that the right portal object is being called
        if {[HTTP::host] equals "www.example.com" } {
            set match 1
        }
    }

when HTTP_RESPONSE_RELEASE {
        if { [info exists match] } {
            HTTP::cookie insert name MyCookie value "One; Secure;"
    }

}

This code would need to be associated to the VIP hosting the APM profile that hosts the WebTop.