Forum Discussion

AJF5
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Dec 05, 2019

How to see serial number of BIG-IP devices on BIG-IQ

I have searched many sites and even browsed through the options on the BIG-IQ box itself

but I am unable to find serial number for big-ip devices on the big-iq.

2 Replies

• You can actually use the inventory export on the BIG-IP devices page in the BIG-IQ system interface which produces a CSV file. The managed BIG-IP device's serial number as well as registration key can be found in that CSV file. This includes VIPRION chassis serial number as well as the installed blade's serial number. Additionally, the BIG-IQ system interface reports the serial numbers of VIPRION installed blades on the property page of the managed VIPRION device. For more information, you can check out https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K32548743

• Hi AJF5,

I wasn't able to find anywhere in the GUI that displays the serial number of each of the managed BIG-IP devices in BIG-IQ. The only thing I was able to find was the "Export Inventory" button under Devices >> BIG-IP Devices in the GUI. That will generate a spreadsheet with all of the information for each of the managed devices. I should also note that I found this on v7.0.0.1 of BIG-IQ so it's possible that it might be located in a slightly different place in the GUI if you are running an older software version.

I hope this helps.

-Nathan F