Forum Discussion

Blue_whale
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
Jan 14, 2020

How to Capture everything related to specific VIP

Hi Team ,

I have a https vip with client-ssl and default cookie persistence profile ,http,tcp profile configured . I would like to capture all the traffic and connection related to this specific VIP only . How can I achieve it ?

Can you please share the irule or policy configuration to achieve this ?

4 Replies

• Below commend will help to capture the traffic details towards VIP. iRule may not help to capture live connection count.

tmsh show sys connection | grep <VIP_IP>   ==> Current conenction towards to VIP
    tmsh show ltm persistence persist-records virtual <VIP_NAME>  ==> F5 LTM session table for your VIP
      Blue_whale

This is live log collection . I need historical logs to be captured .

• You can also deep dive with this tmsh command:

show sys connection cs-client-addr x.x.x.x cs-server-addr y.y.y.y ss-server-addr z.z.z.z ss-server-port 443
    cs-client-addr - the (client) source IP address on the clientside of the connection.
    cs-client-port - the (client) source port on the clientside of the connection.
    cs-server-addr - the (server) destination IP address on the clientside of the connection (i.e. the Virtual Server IP address).
    cs-server-port - the (server) destination port on the clientside of the connection (i.e. the Virtual Server port).

ss-client-addr - the (client) source IP address on the serverside of the connection (i.e. the SNAT address).
    ss-client-port - the (client) source port on the serverside of the connection (i.e. the SNAT port).
    ss-server-addr - the (server) destination IP address on the serverside of the connection (i.e., the Pool Member address).
    ss-server-port - the (server) destination port on the serverside of the connection (i.e., the Pool Member port).
      Blue_whale

This is live log collection . I need historical logs to be captured .