Forum Discussion

runi-dev
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 14, 2023

Help with APM Advanced Customization

Hi,

I'm a total newbie to F5 big ip and i have the following requirments to be done:

I need to customize F5 APM using Advanced Customization Standart.

I need to implement a custom bootstrap 5 look and fill for english and hebrew.

I need a way to completely separate between login form mode to change / reset password form mode.

I need to implement DUO security login option in the login form.

I need to implement password hints in the change password / reset password form mode in a way that it will show the user which part of the password policy is match / not matched yet.

I'll be glad for help / guidelines with that.

1 Reply

• runi-dev wrote:

I need to implement a custom bootstrap 5 look and fill for english and hebrew.

APM differentiates customization options for every language, so you're compliant as long as you configure the policy for both languages. 
    Just switch between the two using the drop-down menu when you're editing templates. 

runi-dev wrote:

I need a way to completely separate between login form mode to change / reset password form mode.

You can configure the logon page with a checkbox that triggers password reset, 
    or setup a dedicated portal (on a different IP/virtual server) that only serves as changepw site. 

runi-dev wrote:

I need to implement DUO security login option in the login form.

Only for main login or on changepw as well? APM supports several MFA scenario, so this should be compliant.

If changepw portal is dedicated, I reacall having accomplished this by configuring the changepw page for two factor authentication, then after the user is authenticated use another box to force the change password option to true, and loop it back to the login page (which will trigger change password funcion) 

runi-dev wrote:

I need to implement password hints in the change password / reset password form mode in a way that it will show the user which part of the password policy is match / not matched yet.

Dynamically? This might be the hardest to accomplish, I've personally never achieved this, for most of my customers password guidelines (as static text) are usually enough to meet compliancy ..