Forum Discussion

psilvas
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Mar 16, 2005

Firepass API & active directory

F5 Firepass API. A problem appears when synchronizing with active directory data base. The OpenByName does not complete when active directory is enabled. However, the OpenByName is working when using internal data base.

I know this is very vague but it's all I got from the customer. If there is additional info (like the code), please let me know and I can post. Thanks for any ideas.

psilva

6 Replies

• We are in the process of investigating and trying to reproduce this in house. I will post any status I receive from the FirePass team on this as soon as I get it.

-Joe
  • I just got word from the FirePass team that this is a known issue that is currently being worked on. It will require an updated client control as well as an update to the FirePass server code. I was told that this will be corrected in the next release of FirePass. If you need this sooner, I would suggest you contact F5 Product Support to get a request in for a hotfix.

-Joe
  • I do not personally have the CR for this. I was told by the FirePass team that this is being worked on. I would contact F5 Product Support to get that information.

-Joe
  • I would suggest you contact F5 Product Technical Support to get an ETA on the update that includes this issue.

-Joe