Forum Discussion

Michaelyang
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Oct 31, 2022
Solved

fastl4 vs full-acceleration

Hello,

When I checked what the difference between the two profiles, I found that both settings were the same.
However, I tested the application of the two different profiles, found that the transfer speed is obviously different.

I am using the VE version, so ePVA should not have an impact
What is the difference between these two profiles?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

• Hope below details may help you.

Full Acceleration
    All traffic is load balanced using Layer 4 features, such as virtual servers that operate only on IP addresses and ports of incoming traffic. The Full acceleration mode is not compatible with Layer 7 features, such as cookie persistence, header insertion, and rules that operate on data payload content.

FastL4
    The FastL4 profile is a protocol profile that you can use to manage Layer 4 (L4) traffic on the BIG-IP system. Using the FastL4 profile can increase virtual server performance and throughput for supported platforms by using the embedded Packet Velocity Acceleration (ePVA) chip to accelerate traffic.

Happy learning..

1 Reply

• Hope below details may help you.

Full Acceleration
    All traffic is load balanced using Layer 4 features, such as virtual servers that operate only on IP addresses and ports of incoming traffic. The Full acceleration mode is not compatible with Layer 7 features, such as cookie persistence, header insertion, and rules that operate on data payload content.

FastL4
    The FastL4 profile is a protocol profile that you can use to manage Layer 4 (L4) traffic on the BIG-IP system. Using the FastL4 profile can increase virtual server performance and throughput for supported platforms by using the embedded Packet Velocity Acceleration (ePVA) chip to accelerate traffic.

Happy learning..