Forum Discussion

balcee
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Dec 02, 2022

Configuration Error

Hey guys, hope everyone is well.

I hope someone can help with this. I've set up a dozen or so RDP sessions via a URL. Users can log in and see the list of servers, but when clicking on a server, they get the attached error.

For the life of me, I cannot see what's missing. I'd really appreciate any assistance.

Many thanks

B

7 Replies

• I'm sorry everyone, this is working now. The wrong username was being used which didn't have any resources assigned. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Additionally, I see this on the logs:

Fri Dec 2 18:49:45 GMT 2022noticelon-f5-01apmd[7856]01490005 /Common/APM_ecrs.blpw.com:Common:76a0f81e: Following rule 'fallback' from item 'Resource Assign' to ending 'Allow'
    Fri Dec 2 18:49:45 GMT 2022errlon-f5-01apmd[7856]0149013e /Common/APM_ecrs.blpw.com:Common:76a0f81e: Allow agent: Logon denied due to validation error, Error Code: 4001 (Zero resources assigned)
    Fri Dec 2 18:49:45 GMT 2022errlon-f5-01apmd[7856]0149018d /Common/APM_ecrs.blpw.com:Common:76a0f81e: Resource validation for webtop '/Common/webtop-ecrs' failed with error type 'Zero resources assigned'

Where can I add resources?

• Hi, 

Normally you would have to use advanced resource agent and assign an already configured rdp item to the session. The log message tells that you haven't assigned any item. What I couldn't understand is what do you mean by users can log in an see the list of servers? Can you share your vpe flow? 

balcee
      Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus

Thanks for your reply Amine. I thought I had added an RDP server to the session, but obviously I'm missing something. I've attached the flow for your reference. 

In the meantime, I'll take another look at the advanced resource agent settings.

• In 'Resource Assign' of the flow, all the servers are added, see attached. Hope you can help.

• Any one of "ressource assign" or "advanced resource assign" agents should let you add the rdp items, make sure also you add the webtop item.

• Hi Balcee,

can you please answer Amine's question what "Users can log in and see the list of servers" means? Do the webtop successfully load after login? Or is this already failing? 

Cheers, Kai