Forum Discussion

Jack_w
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Apr 27, 2019

Citrix XenApp ICA Proxy using APM (Connect using Receiver for HTML5). * Do not replace Store-Front or Web-Interface with F5-APM *

https://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/citrix-vdi-iapp-dg.pdf

I reviewed the deployment guide. What I want to do is page 5 "Using the BIG-IP APM and Web Interface or StoreFront servers." (So we don't use Web-TOP. And it's not replace Store-Front type.)

There are three questions. (Help me.)

1. Is it possible to connect with "Receiver for HTML5" (ICA Proxy) with BIG-IP APM?
  2. Does it require a CCU license?
  3. Connection from APM to Citrix VDA Server (Application Server) can not connect with Web Socket Security (WSS)?

1 Reply

• Is it possible to connect with "Receiver for HTML5" (ICA Proxy) with BIG-IP APM?

Yes it is according to the F5 BIG-IP APM Client Compatibility Matrix. For example the following if for F5 APM running 13.1.1 - BIG-IP APM Client Compatibility Matrix v13.1.1

• Does it require a CCU license?

Yes as each user will need to be authenticated and have an active APM session.

• Connection from APM to Citrix VDA Server (Application Server) can not connect with Web Socket Security (WSS)?

This is where my Citrix knowledge hits it limits but my understanding (from an old article) is the Websocket connection is only required between the Receiver HTML5 client and the F5 acting as the ICA proxy gateway. I could be wrong in this and sure it is some Citrix side configuration that needs to be done to get this working.