Forum Discussion

jpicazo
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 20, 2022

Change Visrual server names and how to replicate this in gtm

Hi Teams

I have a client who has his F5 provisioned with LTM and GTM modules, he wants to change the name of several of his virtual servers. These virtual servers have a lot of configuration, so deleting them and creating them again would be very complicated and we cannot afford such a long cutoff time, since their F5 is standalone.
My problem is that I don't know how to make the change in the GTM part since I have been able to do it by modifying bigip.conf for LTM but I have seen that these changes are not reflected in the GTM part

Has anyone done something similar and can advise me?

3 Replies

• Hi,

You have to modify /config/bigip.conf for ltm and /config/bigip_gtm.conf for DNS module, additional to reload the config after changes you have to execute:

tmsh load sys config

tmsh load sys config gtm-only

Hope it´s works.

• Good morning

After testing the procedure I have found that it works if I do the following first

tmsh load sys config gtm-only

And then

tmsh load sys config

can anyone tell me if this makes sense? Since in the other order, the changes in GTM are not reflected correctly.

• Hi,

Yes, this is correct, you have to load first the GTM configuration and after the LTM, when you make the load sys config it replace the current load configuration, but you have to perform

tmsh save sys config gtm-only and tmsh save sys config to preserver the changes in memory.