Forum Discussion

Pierrejn
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 10, 2019

BigIQ - Stats collection Issue

Has anyone ran into or fixed a reason that the stats collection in BigIQ shows Dec 31, 1969? Currently running BigIQ version 6.1.0.0.0.1224

8 Replies

• This appears to be a known issue that is being tracked under bug ID 716070. I believe it is planned to be fixed in v7 of BIG-IQ though that is always subject to change. The only workaround I am aware of currently is to remove and then rediscover each of the devices that are showing the incorrect date. That said, it may be worth opening a ticket with Support to confirm whether or not that ID is causing your issue.

DeeJz

Yes, I have. Stats collection is not a perfect solution just yet, I've had a lot of problems keeping stats collected.

I"m only running it in a lab at this point, but here are some things I've discovered.

I could not get stats for most of the devices configured in the lab but a couple things support suggested.

• Increase memory on the DCD to 32 GIG, ( this helped )
    • provision AVR on your big-ip device ( not sure about this I provisioned it, but the 1 device that was working before I increased memory didn't have AVR provisioned. )

After I made the two changes some of the started working but the ones that didn't eventually worked after deleted devices and re-discovered. So not sure if AVR is really needed. I would take action on one or the other steps then rediscover, after each config change, to see what is really working.

Also on another note, f5 states stats collection only works on 12.x code and up, but randomly one of the 11.5.4 configs in the lab, just started working,

Also randomly 13.x devices just quit working from time to time. My conclusion is that stats collection is not very stable and probably best wait for v7

Hope this helps

Bob_Rairigh

I agree, I had to turn of stats collection. The other bummer is when you turn on stats collection all the local reporting goes away.

•   Thanks for the information, I have been through the Article before.

• @Pierrejn I am running BIG-IQ 7.0.0.1 and just updated my BIG-IP devices to 15.0.1 Build 11 and have seen this error corrected.

Pierrejn

Ok, thank you. I hope to be able to get to 15 but right now it is too new for me to go directly to 15.

Dojs
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

When this occur in my case, i just change some configs inside BIG-IP, and i run the discovery an import. After this i enter on the device and click on Health Statistics and wait a minute and collect starts.