Forum Discussion

THE_BLUE
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Sep 05, 2022
Solved

Audit WAF changes

I have many users accessing WAF and i need to audit all what they are doing example if any one make change in learning and blocking settings or in virtual server configration. Is there any way to do ...
    Sep 06, 2022

Hi, 

Have you seen the ASM Audit log? (Security ›› Application Security : Audit : Log - This is the path in v16.1, in earlier versions, I believe you can find it under the History section)

This will contain the changes made, their username etc. 

See here an example of one of my policies; 

Hope this helps. 

Sep 06, 2022

You can find Audit logs for WAF policies in Security > Application Security > Policy > Audit > Log file. This is enabled by default if I recall correctly. You should also be able to see these logs in /var/log/asm file searching for USER_ACTIVITY. 

For LTM module, you can configure logging in System > Logs > Configuration > Options, I believe tmsh and MCP audit logs are enabled by default and you can enable GUI audit logging as well. You'll find the logs in the /var/log/audit file or in System > Logs > Audit > List. 

Sep 07, 2022

Hello,

You can check the settings in  System > Logs : Configuration : Options, and then check for the MCP option as per the below artice for the audit logs in general and check whether they are being logged or not.

(audit logging for BIG-IP configuration changes is enabled by default)

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K58343253

And as Alex mentioned you can view it from the audit logs by accessing the GUI.

Sep 08, 2022

you can enable gui-audit log at System  ››  Logs : Configuration : Options 

after change OS this option default value is disable