Forum Discussion

Mark_van_D
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Sep 02, 2019
Solved

APM session attribute exists

Hi there,

I am trying to find an elegant way for an Access Policy to go down a different branch depending on whether multiple AD attributes exists or not, but am not having much luck at present.

Mobile and Pager Branch

set ad_attribute1_exists [info exists [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.mobile}]];
set ad_attribute2_exists [info exists [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.pager}]];
expr { $ad_attribute1_exists == 1 && $ad_attribute2_exists == 1}

Mobile Only Branch

set ad_attribute1_exists [info exists [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.mobile}]];
set ad_attribute2_exists [info exists [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.pager}]];
expr { $ad_attribute1_exists == 1 && $ad_attribute2_exists == 0}

The mobile attribute is configured in the user object but the pager attribute is not configured in AD.

However both ad_attribute1_exists and ad_attribute2_exists return 0 and following the fallback branch.

What am I missing?

• You are using 'info exists' and 'mcget' incorrectly.

'mcget' will return the value of the APM session variable, so if the session variable for 'session.ad.last.attr.mobile' is 555-1234 you are passing this to 'info exists'. i.e. you are executing 'info exits 555-1234' but guessing no variable exists named 555-1234 (or what ever the value is)

I think if you call 'mcget' on a session variable that doesn't exist I think you get "" returned, so the following should do what you want (not tested as no quick access to APM currently):

if {[mcget {session.ad.last.attr.mobile}] == ""} {
        set ad_attribute1_exists 0
    } else {
        set ad_attribute1_exists 1
    }
    if {[mcget {session.ad.last.attr.pager}] == ""} {
        set ad_attribute2_exists 0
    } else {
        set ad_attribute2_exists 1
    }

Or as a one liner:

expr { [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.mobile}] != "" && [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.pager}] != ""}

2 Replies

• You are using 'info exists' and 'mcget' incorrectly.

'mcget' will return the value of the APM session variable, so if the session variable for 'session.ad.last.attr.mobile' is 555-1234 you are passing this to 'info exists'. i.e. you are executing 'info exits 555-1234' but guessing no variable exists named 555-1234 (or what ever the value is)

I think if you call 'mcget' on a session variable that doesn't exist I think you get "" returned, so the following should do what you want (not tested as no quick access to APM currently):

if {[mcget {session.ad.last.attr.mobile}] == ""} {
        set ad_attribute1_exists 0
    } else {
        set ad_attribute1_exists 1
    }
    if {[mcget {session.ad.last.attr.pager}] == ""} {
        set ad_attribute2_exists 0
    } else {
        set ad_attribute2_exists 1
    }

Or as a one liner:

expr { [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.mobile}] != "" && [mcget {session.ad.last.attr.pager}] != ""}