Forum Discussion

BrentKingston
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Dec 07, 2021

Ansible module bigip_firewall_address_list "One of the following features must be licensed"

Not sure if this is a question for the community or if I should contact F5 support here but here is the problem

Using The Ansible F5 module documentation (https://clouddocs.f5.com/products/orchestration/ansible/devel/modules/bigip_firewall_address_list_module.html?highlight=address%20list) I am trying to create a simple address list. I have already validated that I can create an address list via the GUI administration.

When I try to create the same test address list via ansible I get the error:

TASK [F5 : Create address list] ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

failed: [f5-viprion-regn10-4c-infra-qa.stholdco.com -> localhost] (item={u'name': u'retailit-was-qa.stholdco.com', u'addresses': [u'1.1.1.1', u'1.1.1.2']}) => {"ansible_loop_var": "item", "changed": false, "item": {"addresses": ["1.1.1.1", "1.1.1.2"], "name": "testAddrList"}, "msg": "{\"code\":400,\"message\":\"One of the following features must be licensed/provisioned for the URI security/firewall/address-list : afm asm dos cgnat\",\"errorStack\":[],\"apiError\":1}"}

As stated, I do have the required component licensed otherwise I wouldn't be able to create it in the admin console.

Any work around or do I need to contact F5 support?

No RepliesBe the first to reply