I'll see you out there in the community

Hi DevCentral community!  You have all been an integral part of my everyday life for almost 9 years.  I still remember when Jason Rahm introduced me to DevCentral, and my life was forever changed.  I had never really been part of an online community like this in the past, but I have come to love this place and all the people who make it the most amazing community in the world.  

I'm writing this to let you know how much I appreciate you and how much you have taught me and helped me along the way.  I only hope that I have contributed to you the way that you have contributed to me.  I'm also writing this to let you know that I have accepted a new job at a new company, so my time as an F5 employee has now come to an end.  I'll forever be grateful to F5 for the amazing oppotunities I've been given during my time here.  Thank you to everyone who has invested in me and carried me along the way.  You've made me a better person.

I'm sad to say that I won't be wearing the reverse-logo F5 lightboard shirt any more, but I'm happy to say that I'll still be a part of this amazing community.  So, please continue to reach out, and let's keep the interaction going.  So, I'll end this post the way I ended all my lightboards..."I'll see you out there in the community"!

Much love,
John

Published Feb 01, 2022
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

4 Comments

• Thank you for everything you've done to build up the community to what it is. While you may have been new to online community, it's clear that community is simply core to who you are. Your fingerprints will remain on this community indefinitely!

• i fondly remember reaching out to you when the MVP program restarted and you telling about all the plans there were. a year or so later in Washington DC those were a reality and Dev Central was something more then a website, it became a community.

you being the host / presenter / hype man during several Agility events was so fun to watch, an amazing skill which kept on going.

finally hearing people at local F5 events or at customers talk about how they like the light board lessons and speak enthusiastically about those guys always brings a smile on my face.

thank you and good luck on what the future is going to bring you John.