Forum Discussion

Jun 01, 2023

The trip so far...

In 2013 I relocated to Wuhan, China working for a Swedish company. It was mostly fun but in the mornings I found myself having a bit of too much spare time. So out of sheer boredom, I decided to try to use the time to get better at my job by answering questions on DevCentral. Didn't take much time before I realized it was actually a lot of fun taking a crack at the problems posted on the forums.

At the time Kevin Stewart was my absolute idol in the forum with points miles ahead of any of us and I read most articles that the team wrote. Kudos to Jason Rahm, Colin Walker (RIP), Pete Silva and all the other people for writing content that made us come back for more. ‌❤️

Making the trip to Washington and Boston for Agility was some of the best experiences I've ever had. Made many friends that I still talk to today and got to meet some of the other F5 superstars like Hoolio, Joel Moses and Tony Hynes.

Today I don't write as many posts and mostly hang out in the Code Share forum where I maintain some projects that can be useful in an F5 environment, but what makes me come back is the community, technical articles and my love for open source. 

Special award goes to Leslie_Hubertus for keeping us together with her humor, nerdiness and can-do attitude and to LiefZimmerman for his never-ending patience and positive attitude while fixing the curve balls thrown his way.

See you in the forum! 🙂

3 Replies

• I'm honored to be mentioned in such great company! Thanks for the mention. 🙂

Still sad we didn't get to hang out in Orlando thanks to the pandemic, and hoping that whenever we get to hang out agian, there's a Shake Shack. 

Hoolio
    Ret. Employee

Patric, thanks for all of your contributions to DC 🙂