I have an issue where we a VIP configured to listen on port 443. VIP status is up. We are able to ping the VIP but telnet to port 443 isnt working. Did a packet capture and found syn packet flowing into the LTM but see no syn-ack response going out. Port-lockdown has been set to allow all and its a standard VIP.
I don’t think there is an issue with the routing here because I’m trying to telnet to the VIP from the same load balancer and the port does not open.
Also when I tried telnet VIP from outside machine with TCPdump enabled on the LB shows only SYN packets coming in and seeing no SYN-ACK or any packets leaving out of the interface.
I had one more query VIP is listening on port 443 and pool members on 80 and translation is enabled. I found Client SSL cert to be missing.I know this is an issue but telnet to VIP on port 443 from the same LTM should show open. correct? NOTE: VIP status is available. No issues with interface.
Did you get any resolution on this problem? Recently I am having similar problem, from Client machine, I can see packets coming to VS, tcpdump shows LTM VS not responding to SYN.
I can ping VS from Client machine. Only difference to above and my issue is I am able to telnet on port 80 from LTM itself.