Static route gateway X.X.X.X is not directly connected via an interface

Hello,

When verifying bigip.conf file, an error is reported about a network route. But the error has no reason to be there. Here is the error:

&&&&&&&&&&&

load sys conf file /config/bigip.conf verify Validating system configuration…

. . Validating configuration… /config/bigip.conf 01070330:3: Static route gateway 10.10.99.254 is not directly connected via an interface. Unexpected Error: Validating configuration process failed.

&&&&&&&&&

When I then exit tmsh and look at my network configuration I see that 10.10.99.254 is on the same network as one of my interfaces.

netstat -rn

Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.252 U 0 0 0 HA

127.1.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 tmm0

127.3.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 mgmt_bp

192.168.20.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 vlan20

192.168.2.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

10.220.220.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 vlan220

10.194.94.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 vlan194

127.2.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0.1

10.10.96.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.252.0 U 0 0 0 vlan1 &&&& LOOK HERE &&&&

0.0.0.0 10.10.99.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 vlan1

&&&&&&&&&&

This configuration is up and running. I can even ping 10.10.99.254… I am just worried this error hides something more serious. fyi we run version BIG-IP 11.3.0 Build 3144.51 Engineering Hotfix HF8

thanking you in advance

Alberto

What interface is 10.10.94.254 connected to? Based on your ‘LOOK HETE’ It appears you believe it to be connected to vlan1, but that is 10.10.96.0/22 which would not include 10.10.94.254

Ignore me, it is 10.10.99.254, I misread somehow. Yes, that is part of 10.10.96.0/22 so I have no explanation

Hi Alberto,

Can you try removing the binary database and rebooting to force a reload of the configuration?

sol13030: Forcing the mcpd process to reload the BIG-IP configuration 404 Page not found | BIG-IP Documentation

Aaron

Hello Hoolio,

Thank your for your reply. This “fore reload” did not help though. I still have that message, when verifying the config file.

Thank you

best regards

might be wise to open a support ticket with F5 support if you can.

We had similar issue and upon having a close look realised that the GW IP address was not in the range of the interface. The interface was configured /29 instead of /28. Corrected the mask and it worked.

Step-1: Delete default gateway under Network Routes. Step-2: login into LTM VM under config edit into bigip_base.conf

modify your interface ip save & Quit

run tmsh load sys config

login to GUI crate a default route by adding gateway.