GTM iRule to return address based on another wideip's status

Hi,

So the scenario is, I have 2 DCs, 10.0.0.x and 11.0.0.x. I would like wideip bbb.got.com to return a result for either dc depending on the availability of the aaa.got.com’s pool members.

Wideip: aaa.got.com pool members: 10.0.0.1; 11.0.0.1

I would like you create another wideip: Wideip: bbb.got.com pool members: 10.0.0.2; 11.0.0.2

At this point we can’t use cookies to guide the client to either DC, so I am curious as to whether this can be achieved via irules.

Hello, Don’t know if I understood, are you looking for something like this?

WideIP:  aaa.got.com    
Pool:    gtm_pool_aaa    
Members: bigipA:/Common/vs_aaa order 0    
         bigipB:/Common/vs_aaa order 1    
LB Method: Global Availability    

WideIP:  bbb.got.com    
Pool:    gtm_pool_bbb    
Members: bigipA:/Common/vs_bbb  order 0 depends-on serverA:/Common/vs_aaa    
         bigipB:/Common/vs_bbb  order 1 depends-on serverB:/Common/vs_aaa    
LB Method: Global Availability

So, if bigipA:/Common/vs_aaa falls down then bigipA:/Common/vs_bbb falls down too?

On the other hand, this way gives a dns priority to a data center available.

Regards[ ]