Exchange 2016

Problem this snippet solves:

f5.microsoft_exchange_2016.v1.0.0

The new, fully supported iApp template for Exchange 2016 has been released to downloads.f5.com in the root directory. Use the deployment guide or the AskF5 solution for instructions on downloading the iApp template. An updated deployment guide is now available at http://f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/microsoft-exchange-2016-dg.pdf

Microsoft Exchange 2016 rc1

Use this F5 contributed, release candidate iApp template for Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 deployments. Until the accompanying deployment guide for 2016 is released, use the inline help for assistance in configuring the iApp for Exchange 2016.

Code :

https://support.f5.com/content/kb/en-us/solutions/public/k/11/sol11100442
Published Nov 24, 2015
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

19 Comments

• Still get nothing, even adding both -vv and -I (upper case i). I remove the grep statement to see if anything at all is returned and I get nothing. This is on 11.4.1 so I'm not sure if things have changed in more recent updates... *Update* - Updating to the final release of the template has fixed this for me, the nodes now show down when put into maintenance mode.
  • Exchange 2016 Deployment Guide references an iAPP available in versions 11.4.1 - 12.1. However, it is not present in 11.5.4.

• Hello Mike, the iApp is downloadable, and does not ship with the BIG-IP by default (if fact, you should only be using downloadable iApps for Exchange of any version, and not the Exchange 2010 that ships on the box). The deployment guide and the solution linked above both have instructions on downloading the iApp for Exchange 2016. Note that this template is fully supported by F5 networks support. Thanks, Joe

LRei76
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi, I tried to use the iApp at customer site but have trouble with it. We are working with software 11.6.0 and apm/ltm setup. The exchange mrsproxy test (Powershell Command: Test-MigrationServerAvailability -ExchangeRemoteMove -Autodiscover -EmailAddress ... -Credentials ...) is failing because the application profile for exchange does provide only basic and ntlm www-authentication header, but mrsproxy is expecting a negotiate www-authentication header. If I disable the application profile mrsproxy is working (header with negotiate now offered to client), but in turn autodiscover is not working any more.

Is there anything I missed? I found the extra irule for mapi-over-https wihtin deployment guide and included it. But is there anything other to do?

Regards, Lars

LRei76

Thanks for the answer. I tried something similar - but in a not very sophisticated way. I will try the iRule.

LRei76

As a feedback: The irule from page 69 seems to do the job so far. We also discovered the exchange powershell testcommand needs a user with administrative rights.