Forum Discussion

Zen_Y
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 28, 2024

What parameter sections can be checked to find out the cause of slow GUI access?

some GUI access devices in customers experience slow access, in some open case opportunities, the cause is because the tomcat memory is lacking and needs to be improved. after being improved, then access becomes better.

from that, are there any parameters that can be checked related to the use and availability of a parameter related to this?

Thank you

Zen_Y

Is there no parameter location when it is used to its maximum, that we can check?

such as checking CPU usage, memory, etc.

Zen_Y

yes, I have done the changes value in the article and it makes the access better.

but sometimes I think, when the GUI is too slow to access, I change the value, but I don't know how many percent of the maximum capacity I have used, so it requires access to extramb.

Aswin_mk
        Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

It's depend on the module you are using. If you having multiple modules, you have to increase memory and cores if it's VM. If it's physical, it's already have free space, please allocate free space to low memory mounts 

• if what you mean is f5 gui, e.g. apm, ltm, etc.,
    you can try to maximize module's memory allocation to dedicated.
    the usual default is nominal

• GUI access will affect if /var or any partition will become high also you can use top command to verify any cpu spike.

Zen_Y

does java parameter in top have any influence to GUI access?

when i check top, java even uses 48% cpu

• If you are using the F5 REST-API a lot for API calls or AS3 it can also affect the GUI as then you need periodically to restart  icrd_child , restjavad and httpd maybe with cronjob or better icall cript that will remain after upgrade. This happens when your system is overutilized or not well configured :

AS3 Best Practices (f5.com)

Increase memory for Tomcat and Restjavad when Out of Memory (f5.com)

zamroni777 and Aswin_mk  made some nice suggestions.

Also I have seen an issue when opening with a top command many tmsh sessions are seeing because API scripts not closing the API calls or bad external health monitor scripts that use the scriptd deamon, so check for that and fix it if it is an issue and configure tmsh timeout if needed:

Configuring an automatic logout for idle sessions (f5.com)

Just in case upgrade to a latest version 😉

Aswin_mk
      Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Yes upgrade also a solution, 16.x all automatically increase/var size if we are having 3.2GB for existing device.

Zen_Y please verify if your OS version having any known bugs related to this issue