Forum Discussion

amolari
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Jun 03, 2015

tmsh, can list partition.. but what about applications (path)?

with TMSH, performing a "list ltm virtual" displays the list of virtual server in the partition.

If I'm in a partition (probably the same with Common but haven't tested) where I configured my applications with iApps and run a "list ltm virtual" I do not get any result. This because it's an application and I should "cd" to the application (example:

cd ///
) before being able to list the virtual servers.

Interesting: with virtual-address I do not need that, as it will be shown from the partition with "list ltm virtual-address".

Questions:

• the application is somehow working as a sub-partition when in tmsh. How to get the name? "list auth partition" doesn't list the application (path). If I have tmsh scripts running, how could I list it? My issue is that the name of the app can be changed from my application manager, the partition name not (as the BIGIP admin I control that). So I should be able to find it in a dynamic way.

• how to list all objects in the same way as the GUI provides ("ALL-readonly" partition)?

2 Replies

Fred_Slater_856
    Historic F5 Account

Use [tmsh::pwd] to return the current path from within an iApp. Use [tmsh::cd] to move between directories to control the scope of your list output. Use the "recursive" keyword to expand the scope of your list output. Check this similar discussion.

• Use "folder" in tmsh directly to view iApp subfolders inside an administrative partition. Like this:

1. To view all iApp subfolders in the current partition. iApp subfolder names end in ".app":

list sys folder

2. To view all virtual servers in a partition and any subfolders/iApps use the recursive cmd. TMSH will now descend into iApp subfolders:

list ltm virtual recursive

3. To list all objects (for example VS) across all partitions and subfolders cd to the root of the partition hierarchy and then use the recursive cmd:

cd /

list ltm virtual recursive