steps to configuring mx record by using wide IP
I try to search on how we can configure mx record using wilde ip, is there any article describe the steps , how we can configure this
Hello Amr_Ali ,
It's applicable in Bigip DNS , Follow these Steps :
Assume you have only two records or 2 ips for mail server.
Follow these steps :
- Create 2 pools type A record Asume these names ( First_Pool & Second_Pool ) , each pool has one pool member / virtual server ( one of the above ips in each pool )
- Create 2 Wide ips type A record Assume these FQDNs ( first.mail.com & second.mail.com ).
- attach the above ( First_Pool to first.mail.com wide ip & Second_Pool to second.mail.com wide ip )
- Create a new POOL assume this name ( Mail_pool ) , Type MX record , and attach these Wide IPs
( first.mail.com & second.mail.com ) on this newly POOL and give theme the required preference.
- Create New Wide IP , Type MX record , Assume this name ( mail.com)
And attach to this Wide ip this pool ( Mail_pool )
Switch From ( Basic to Advanced ) Configuration then you will see this feature Minimal Response >> select disabled to see all information about this MX record during testing >>>> Then Click Finish or update if you edit something.
- Test your configs using dig utility
dig @Bigip_Listner_IP mail.com mx
you will see the selected MX recored and resolved final A record in the additional section.
I tested it and it worked , so it's your turn and let me know the updates 🙂